In our guide, Dota 2 Magnus build recommendations, we made a concerted effort to maintain our Dota 2 builds and tutorials up to date, and we’ll assist you in creating the greatest Magnus build possible. Find out more about Magnus’s abilities, stats, gear, combos, counters, and most used skins. Let’s get into the details.
Magnus Pros And Cons
- Own a variety of area-of-effect skills, some of which disrupt enemy placement.
- Playstyle adaptability.
- Can quickly farm using Shockwave and Empower (also can accelerate your carry farm).
- Stun AOE that overcomes spell immunity
- A skilled ganker.
- Excellent initiation skills
- A high strength/hp increase.
- Exceptionally fast movement speed.
- Requires effective mana control in the early game.
- Requires an appropriate location to use his spells effectively.
Dota 2 Magnus is the most ferocious and steadfast of the Mount Joerlak magnoceroi. Magnus has been the target of hunters for a long time, but instead of fleeing, he enjoys it and plays with them. Every time he went back to his cave, his horns and hooves were covered in blood-stained gore.
The leader of the Magnoceri tribe asked the Dota 2 hero and other locals to leave, and survivors pushed north after spotting the impending danger. But with his pride in being a real warrior who never faltered in defending his people, he categorically rejected this notion. No matter how frequently the hunters attacked, he pronounced Mt. Joerlak to be a safe location to dwell.
One day, Mt. Joerlak suddenly erupted without any warning. The ash and smoke buried half of his kin burned to death. While he doesn’t think about the eruption of Mt. Joerlak being in an accident, Magnus scoffs and is on the prowl to find out who caused it. He also suffered mortal injuries. He will then reunite with his family after everything is finished.
Attributes and Stats
|Health Regeneration||+3 each second|
|Mana Regeneration||+0.95 each Second|
|Ability Upgrades||ShockwaveHorn Toss|
Roles Magnus Can Take On
Melee – Initiator – Disabler – Nuker – Carry.
He has high per-hero hit strength.
Magnus Items Build
- Tango: Sustains health during the laning phase.
- Bottle: Bottle’s mana rejuvenation complements Magnus’ low-mana-cost abilities, which might eliminate his visit to the fountain. For soloing the center lane, it is essential because it enables rune control.
- Magic Wand: He will receive additional sustainment from the Magic Wand in addition to bonus qualities.
- Boots Of Speed: Magnus can earn runes and possibly even kills early on because of the movement speed bonus provided by the boots of speed.
- Power Treads: Offer attack speed; shift between strength for generating damage and maintaining health.
- Blink Dagger: Will increase Magnus’ movement and aid in initiating Reverse Polarity.
- Shadow Blade: Provides attack speed and heroes damage boosts, powerful initiation, and mobility.
- Force Staff: Gives Magnus more intelligence and mobility, allowing him to use more skills.
- Aghanim’s Shard: Unlocks HornToss.
- Black King Bar: Facilitates Magnus’s use of his ultimate.
- Refresher Orb: Increases Magnus regeneration.
Effect: Magnus launches a wave of force, damaging enemy units in a line, draws them towards him, and temporarily slows them.
- Mana cost: 80/90/100/110
- Damage: 90 / 160 / 230 / 300
- Duration: 0.9
- Width: 250
- Range: 1400
- Erupt Time: 1.5
- Cast Point: 0.3s
Effect: Adds allied unit bonus damage and cleave when attacking. Dota 2 Magnus is awarded a bonus that is 75.0% greater.
- Mana cost: 45/60/75/90
- Duration: 35.0
- Bonus Damage: 12% / 20% / 28% / 36%
- Cast Point: 0.3s
Effect: Using his enormous tusk with a skewer, Magnus rushes forward, goring enemy units.
- Mana cost: 80
- Speed: 900
- Distance: 900 / 975 / 1050 / 1125
- Cast Point: 0.3s
Effect: Dota 2 Magnus launches all adversaries in front of him to his back. Opponents receive damage, fly for 0.6 seconds, and then land with a significant amount of lag.
- Mana Cost: 125
- Damage: 200
- Duration: 0.6
- Cast point: 0.2s
Effect: Magnus manipulates matter’s properties, drawing all nearby enemies in front of him, stunning them with a brutal slam, and delivering damage.
- Mana cost: 150/225/300
- Pull Radius: 410
- Damage: 75/150/225
- Cast Point: 0.3s
Shock wave: Levels 1, 8, 9, & 11.
Empower: Levels 3, 4, 5, & 7.
Skewer: Levels 2, 13, 14, & 16.
Reverse Polarity: Levels 6, 12, 18.
Stats: Levels 10 & 15.
Magnus + Juggernaut
Juggernaut and Magnus the combo have consistently been one of the best in almost every meta. While Juggernaut is powerful on his own, when combined with Magnus, he becomes virtually unkillable.
Magnus + Invoker
If the Dota 2 Magnus successfully executes a spectacular Reverse Polarity, the Invoker can follow it up with Chaos Meteor, Deafening Blast, and EMP. These two are capable of conjuring a plethora of spell combinations, all of which will end in their adversaries’ demise.
It will help if you put all of your attention toward farming. To fast farm and get rid of the creeps, use the Empower and Shockwave. By positioning yourself well, you can cast Skewer to drive the enemy toward the jungle position and potentially score a kill. Consider farming some jungle creeps to improve your gold after you have already defeated the mid-lane creep wave.
Although farming is still front of mind, be prepared to fight if one arises soon. You can play a little more forcefully when using the Blink Dagger. You can roam to other lanes to acquire more kills and take out the opposing towers once you have cleared the creep waves in your lane. Because the adversaries are frightened and less aggressive when your ultimate is up, you should utilize it with caution.
While your goals in the late game are very similar to those in the middle, this time, you put more of an emphasis on participating in the team fight. You can cast Reverse Polarity while jumping into the middle of the enemy by using the BKB and Blink Dagger. The adversaries will be instantaneously destroyed.
- Rubick: Take Magnus’s abilities.
- Night stalk: Decrease Vision for enemy team Magnus.
- Sniper: Put Magnus’s blink dagger on cooldown.
- Zeus: Zeus can locate Magnus with ease.
- Venomancer: Easily locates Magnus and puts his dagger to cool down.
- Disruptor: Utilizes Thunder Strike, Glimpse, and Static Storm to disable Magnus.
- Jakiro: Disables Blink dagger and disrupts Reverse polarity.
- Tinker: Like Jakiro, doable and disrupt Magnus’s dagger.
- Treant Protector: You can easily find Magnus.
Lich + Magnus:
ChainForest + Reverse Polarity
His ChainFrost requires the enemy to be close by. Your Reverse Polarity creates an ideal environment for ChainFrost since it will stop foes and prevent them from moving apart.
Obsidian Destroyer + Magnus:
AoE + Reverse Polarity
He has a fantastic AoE ultimate that requires the enemies to be close to one another. Reverse Polarity is the ideal setting for his talent.
Enigma + Magnus:
Black Hole + Cleave
You have the opportunity to utilize your Ultimate attack and use the Cleave, as Enigma has a Black Hole that draws all-around enemies into one place.
Magnus Dota 2 Most Used Skins:
1. Shock Of The Anvil
The shock of the Anvil has an Immortal rarity level. Thus Dota 2 hero mostly uses this skin, “Shock of the Anvil.” On March 23, 2015, the game included the skin. Its price is around $2.15.
Buy and Trade Shock of The Anvil tradeit.gg
2. Cruelties of the Spiral Bore
A skin for Magnus includes Cruelties of the Spiral Bore. On July 19, 2018, the skin was added to the game. It was made by style_d. Cruelties of the Spiral Bore is currently one of the most popular skins, and its price is around $29.
Buy and Trade Cruelties of the Spiral Bone in tradeit.gg
3. Slab Of Erupting Wrath
Magnus has a skin called Slab of Erupting Rage, which was made by Keanhotshine. One of the most widely used skins at the moment is Slab of Erupting wrath. Its price ranges from $0.16 to $11.0.
Buy and Trade Slab of Erupting Wrath in tradeit.gg